Thursday, May 9, 2013

What to feed the family!

Someone had asked in another post - if lower calorie, easy to make meals, even existed.  In my opinion, yes!!  It's called

I guess we all have our own definition of what "easy," looks like - my definition is, if my girls can make it with just a little help from me (they are 11 and 14), then it's easy enough.

My sister had been trying to get me to sign up for Emeals, for several months. I wasn't clear exactly as to what it was, and didn't look into it.  Recently though - as I was visiting her in Pullman, Wa, I was able to see how it works first hand - and I LOVE Emeals!  What it is, is a 3 month subscription for a flat, one time fee.  Each week they send you a weeks worth of meal plans, recipes and grocery list.  You get to choose the meal plan when you sign up in the beginning.  I chose the "low fat," meal plan, but they have many others (11 different plans) - you really just need to go check them out, click on their logo above. 

So far, every single one of the meals we have made - we have enjoyed.  I'm sure we will eventually find a dud, but I've been pleased with the results so far.  What I love the most is, printing out the week of meals, handing it over to my girls and having them choose which ones they want to be in charge of (they both make at least one dinner a week).  It's SOOO EASY!  It saves me TONS of time!!  This is where life and dinners fall apart for me - it's all in the planning.  It takes way too much time to come up with a meal plan for the week and a grocery list - I want it done for me, and now I have it!   I also love the variety of dinners this brings to our table - that we would have never tried otherwise.

I've also found that it's very easy to tweak the recipes to make them even lower calorie or even more enjoyable - by substituting an ingredient - and trust me, I'm no cook - but I can do it!

This is an example of one of our favorites - as you can see, it was one Rebecca had chosen - Oh... and I have the kids rate the meals with stars afterwards, so we know whether or not to make it again someday!  It's a great subscription - worth checking out!



Sorry this isn't the greatest picture and really doesn't to the meal justice, I actually took this a while ago (with my phone) to send to my sisters - 


Shine on....
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for addressing my family-cooking-needs so quickly! I will definitely check out e-meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they give you any calorie information to go with the meal?

    ReplyDelete