Thursday, May 2, 2013

~lose it~

Do you have a smart phone?
If so, you must get the lose it app, like right now! 
Honestly I don't know what I would do without it.
It helps you to track your calories.
Here's what I want you to do. At the start of the day, record all the foods you eat for the day.
You don't need to enter in all the nutritional information, just enter in every little piece of everything you eat for the whole day.
Even if you eat 1 jelly bean, enter it in.

At the end of the day, see how many calories you took in.
I think you will be surprised. 
When I started lose it around 5 years ago, I did this and found I was eating twice the amount of calories I should be. 
Whoa, it was time to make some changes.
So, for one day, eat like you always do, and look at those calories at the end of the day.

If you don't have a smart phone, you can add them up with a pencil and paper.


I'll be back to show you how to get those calories cut, including some low cal, high protein food options I like.
Stay tuned!

Melaine

5 comments:

  1. I've lost 7 lbs in the past couple of months just counting calories. :) It works!

    I'm so glad you're doing this blog...it'll help so many!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lose it is my favorite app-definitely keeps you accountable and motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just signed up for the Lose It app last week- I was hoping it would merge into my Up band feed...doesn't look like it will, but it's still a great app. Looking forward to following your new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lose it app too. I just need to be better at watching what I am eating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started using it too. Helps alot!

    ReplyDelete