Thursday, May 16, 2013

~2 easy banana dessert options~

I have a HUGE sweet tooth, so finding desserts that don't come with 5000 calories is hard for me.
5 chocolate chips isn't gonna cut it.
Here is 2 dessert options I have made recently
{sorry, the photos aren't that great}
and loved!

The first is a shake.
It comes in at 225 calories.

Mix in blender: 

1 frozen banana
{peel before freezing}

1/2 cup almond milk

1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Blend until smooth.
Obviously you will need to adjust the calorie count depending on your protein powder etc.


 The second dessert is like a sundae and it comes in at 256 calories.
This recipe serves 2.

layer in a bowl:
{remember, cut this recipe in half for 1}

1 large banana

1/2 scoop protein powder mixed with 6 oz. nonfat greek yogurt

sprinkle on 1/2 cup blueberries

and
5 sliced strawberries

add
1/4 serving of granola

and
20 chocolate chips

DELISH!
If you have any good dessert options I'd love to hear! 
Melaine

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I'm so happy you started this blog. I can use all the help and motivation I can get lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that doesn't have bananas in it? I'm not a huge fan of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a favorite brand of protein powder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wendy, yes, coming shortly! slip4, not really, currently I have vanilla creme whey fantastic, because it's what the grocery store I was at had! :)

    ReplyDelete